[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - New to Solara Guy but Not New to Solara
New and Old SolaraGuy members should post a hello message here to let everyone know who you are. Tell us about your Solara! We want to know.

New to Solara Guy but Not New to Solara

New to Solara Guy but Not New to Solara

Postby doctorwej » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:28 am

Hello SG Family,

I am new to this site and on my 3rd Toyota. My first was a 1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5. My second was a 2002 Toyota Solara SE. Currently, I have 2006 Toyota Solara SE.

My 2002 Toyota Solara was a great car. My name for it was "The Doc Mobile". The exterior was Lunar Mist Metallic and the interior was charcoal. It was stock. The only changes were adding tint and replacing the standard 15in alloys with the 16in optional rims. As soon as the car reached 200k, the transmission began slipping. I thought about fixing it but I wanted a new car anyway.

Here is an exciting story for this car. I sold the 2002 Solara on Craigslist. When I listed it, I was just messing around. I figured that someone would call me about it and make arrangements later in the week to see it. That was not the case. I listed at 4:50pm on a Saturday. In 2 minutes, I had a phone call about the car and another inquiry on the second line. By 5:30, I had 50 calls and 3 people on their way to see it. At 6pm, I turned the ringer on my phone off because calls continued. I had a waiting list of 10 people. When the 3 people arrived, it was around 5:15pm. They were bidding on the car and a person on the phone offered 5k for the car. I accepted his offer but he ended up being a no show. I got $4300 for the car and I listed it for $1800 describing the transmission problem!

My 2006 Solara Convertible is a great car, too. Actually, I love this car. My name for this one is "Topless" which is short for "Topless Tuxedo". If something happened to the tranny on this, it would be fixed! It is Article Pearl with Charcoal Interior. The inside was too dark for me so I added a white dash kit. Additionally, I added a custom white and charcoal wheelcover from Wheelskins.com. Finally, I have Vogue Tyres on it. It is a classy looking car!

In the future, I want to add charcoal and white leather seats. I found a place to do it but they are an hour away from me. I have not taken the time to visit their shop in person, yet.

There are two other things that I want but not totally sure about one. First, I want a chrome or aluminum exhaust. I have not decided if I want my car to remain nice and quiet or purr like a kitten. When I make that decision, I will make my purchase. Secondly, I like the gullwing doors better than lambo doors. I am on the fence with this one. Getting out in parking lots may be a problem and making sure the passenger open/closes appropriately maybe a concern.

Although I work on my car (brakes, spark plugs, etc.), I am more of a design type of guy. I will try to post pics soon.
2006 Toyota Solara SE Convertible - Lovin' It
2002 Toyota Solara SE Coupe - 200K & Sold on Craigslist
1998 Toyota 4Runner - 200K & Traded It

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/images/0016/63/57/16043675_large.jpg
doctorwej
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: New to Solara Guy but Not New to Solara

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:38 am

very nice introduction! amazing story of how your 02 sold. Welcome!
One of the few Built Forged Supercharged solaras in so cal
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6
Solaraguy's dopest driver
Solaraguy's dopest driver

Postby GzNutz » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:31 pm

Welcome.
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby thenewguy » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:00 pm

Welcome!
thenewguy
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:59 am

welcome
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby doctorwej » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:56 pm

Here is a picture of my interior.

[img][http://carphotos.cardomain.com/images/0016/63/57/16043675_large.jpg/img]

doctorwej
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby GzNutz » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:23 pm

doctorwej wrote:Here is a picture of my interior.

Looks pretty sharp!
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby doctorwej » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:47 pm

Thanks for the compliment and for posting the actual picture! I haven't figured that part out yet.

Steering Wheel Cover comes from Wheelskins. I get a ton of compliments on the steering wheel.
Dash Kit comes from Sherwood Innovations.
Shift Knob ordered from ebay. I can't remember the manufacturer.

doctorwej
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Introductions