[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Toyosolv6's Build thread
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 1-1.5 upgrades.

Toyosolv6's Build thread

Toyosolv6's Build thread

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:14 am

Whats up guys as most of you know my car has been dead going on 4 months if not more...anyways heres the link if you dont know
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=53614&hilit=toyosolv6

So now that ive gathered some money together, ive decided to build my engine. My buddy and I started last night with the car.
Heres a list of what the car will be seeing
3.0 1MZ-FE bored 0.020 over
Arias 9.0:1 Forged Pistons
Polished Crank
Re-adjust rods
Bearings
Deck the Block
MLS Metal Headgaskets
ARP Head studs

Mill the Heads
3 angle valve job
Port & polished exhaust ports

Break in period will be for 2,000 miles still keeping it at 5.5 lbs. As soon as the break in is done ill be taking it to the dyno at 11lbs with a good amount of meth
Here as some pictures from last night, we started around 8PM by 9:30PM we had a lot done,

When it left my house:

On the Tow truck:

When it got to my buddies garage:

This is 1 hour and a half of working. Got almost everything out and out of the way only thing left to do is a/c lines, supercharger needs to come off, harness, axles. And the engine should be out

Last edited by ToyoSolV6 on Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One of the few Built Forged Supercharged solaras in so cal
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6
Solaraguy's dopest driver

Re: Toyosolv6's Build thread

Postby cartang » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:18 pm

Good luck , new heart :D
[IMG]http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj307/cartang1/007-2-1.jpg[/IMG]
Camry 99, 5sp manual, SC,CPE intake,OBX headers, Jim's fuel system,Walbro pump,Greddy exhaust,Exedy 1 clutch,Fidanza flyweel.
Camry 07, V6,TRD cat back,Fujita CAI, GS 430 rims
cartang
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Brandoe91 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:32 pm

All the best.Greg is about to have some serious competition.
TRD S/C 6psi - OBX Full Exhaust - Injen intake ( 226whp untuned).

New Setup - 3mzfe - obx full exhaust - aem fic - innovate mtx-l wideband - Cpe intake. (Estimated 220whp) dyno numbers coming soon.
Brandoe91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:28 pm

Brandoe91 wrote:All the best.Greg is about to have some serious competition.

Thanks man! not really. Im running too low of a compression to see any really good numbers with the trd supercharger. I need a bigger blower. or something else. Either way im starting to collect turbo parts for my twin charged build.(TRD s/c'd and CT-26 Turbo off a mk3 supra, with an upgraded .57 trim.)
With that set up i should see some really really high numbers.
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:30 pm

More updates to come tomorrow. F.ucking flu is attacking me right now so i feel like i dont want to work on the car today, so ill work on it thursday, friday, and saturday nights. Engine should be out by friday. Then prep it for the machine shop. Aiming to drop it off wednsday, then i wait. lol
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6

Postby Brandoe91 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:50 pm

ToyoSolV6 wrote:

Thanks man! not really. Im running too low of a compression to see any really good numbers with the trd supercharger. I need a bigger blower. or something else. Either way im starting to collect turbo parts for my twin charged build.(TRD s/c'd and CT-26 Turbo off a mk3 supra, with an upgraded .57 trim.)

True, I know the lower compression would affect the numbers a bit but you should still have have some decent numbers. Good luck all the same, I am trying to go twin charged in the future as well or mr2 v6 supercharged. What happen to your mr2 btw??? and Are you leaving the rods stock in the MZ?

New Setup - 3mzfe - obx full exhaust - aem fic - innovate mtx-l wideband - Cpe intake. (Estimated 220whp) dyno numbers coming soon.
Brandoe91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:04 pm

Brandoe91 wrote:
ToyoSolV6 wrote:

True, I know the lower compression would affect the numbers a bit but you should still have have some decent numbers. Good luck all the same, I am trying to go twin charged in the future as well or mr2 v6 supercharged. What happen to your mr2 btw??? and Are you leaving the rods stock in the MZ?

yeah at 11lbs of boost i should be seeing something decent. Well for now ill be leaving the stock rods, ive heard from gabe and greg that our stock rods can hold up to 400ft lbs of tq. Im sure they can hold more since greg is running 420+ tq on completely stock internals at 9.8:1 compression and hes running strong. The key with these engines is cooling as long as your running cool and not letting it get too hot in there everything should be fine. Also tunning is a major thing too, tune has to be great in order for you to last.

as for my mr2 i sold it a few months ago to pick up another old school car, i miss that car it was fun to drive good on gas, and very reliable. I want to pick another one up later 3rd gen 3sgte and see what i can do with that.

I thought when i bought that car that parts would be cheap but i thought wrong, when i started looking into supsension/wheels, exhaust, parts to restore. everything looked a little too expensive at the time and i couldnt start another project. so i had to let it go.
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6

Postby Brandoe91 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:00 pm

Yup they should definitely hold up, hksboost is 467wtq on his stock 1mz rods.

Brandoe91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby thenewguy » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:02 pm

project sounds solid my friend! Keep it up you'll be breakin' necks (as well as yours) in the near future with that baby. My kind of build yeee.
thenewguy
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby DSM_Lara » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:39 am

Must be the 10+ time the front bumper on that car came off. Haha, keep us posted.
1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 (TRD Edition) Rare Greddy EvoII/CP-E Intake/Renova Grill/Black Housing Front/OEM Hood Deflector :kp: :spam3: :spam1:Musubi
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby trentmeyer23 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:55 am

Nice, following this like a lost puppy...
trentmeyer23
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:49 am

DSM_Lara wrote:Must be the 10+ time the front bumper on that car came off. Haha, keep us posted.

More than that probably, lol

thenewguy wrote:project sounds solid my friend! Keep it up you'll be breakin' necks (as well as yours) in the near future with that baby. My kind of build yeee.

Thanks man! i hope this is done fast im anxious to see her run.

Brandoe91 wrote:Yup they should definitely hold up, hksboost is 467wtq on his stock 1mz rods.

Yeah thats why im not too worried of the rods as long as I have forged pistons, i should be alright for some decent power.
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:13 am

Last night we continued with some more work
Supercharger came off, Harness is out of the way, a/c lines are off. It looks empty now. Lol. Only thing left to do tonight is Exhaust is coming off, axles, and thats it. engine should be out tonight. Ill take more pics and keep you guys posted!

My buddy covering his nose because he was removing the a/c lines

More work tonight! stay tuned! :D
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6

Postby Gregtrd » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:14 am

Quick tip, if you dont have an ac machine to recover the refrigerant just remove
the ac compressor off the engine and put it aside. If you are going to remove the
refrigerant illegally use a hose and a bucket of water. Other then that tip good job.
The Fastest Camry in Socal
366whp / 427wtq @10.5psi
Gregtrd
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:24 am

Cool, for sure! thanks
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6