[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Toyosolv6's Build thread
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 1-1.5 upgrades.

Toyosolv6's Build thread

Re: Toyosolv6's Build thread

Postby DSM_Lara » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:25 pm

Since you got mostly everything out. Ever consider to be one of the first to do a wire tuck on a solara?
1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 (TRD Edition) Rare Greddy EvoII/CP-E Intake/Renova Grill/Black Housing Front/OEM Hood Deflector :kp: :spam3: :spam1:Musubi
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:50 am

DSM_Lara wrote:Since you got mostly everything out. Ever consider to be one of the first to do a wire tuck on a solara?

I always thought about that. Becauae when you pop the hood on a solara it looks like there's too much going on. Ill take a look and see were i can re route everything.
One of the few Built Forged Supercharged solaras in so cal
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6
Solaraguy's dopest driver

Postby GzNutz » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:21 pm

*subscribed*
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Smaay » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:09 pm

I wouldnt use a CT26 from a MKIII Supra. that turbo is pure crap! just use something like a GT3076 and you will be more than happy. Trust me on this one. I know toyota turbos. Now if you can source a CT20B from a Celica ST205 then thats another story. But again its used and old.
1990 Celica All-Trac 3S-GTE
1997 Celica GT 1MZ/3MZ hybrid
1997 Supra 2JZ-GTE
2001 Celica GT-S 2ZZ-GTE
1998 Dodge Ram Cummins Turbo Diesel

Thats alot of BOOST!!!!
Smaay
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:59 pm

^Thanks for the input! So the ct20b would work fine? Its off the 3sgte engine i know quite a few people with turbo mr2 so im pretty sure i can source a turbo fairly fast.
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6

Postby Brandoe91 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:06 pm

Here is some good forced induction info from Tony on 1mz-fe turbo sizing.
http://www.solaraguy.com/viewtopic.php? ... 9&start=30

You can also check out the turbos hksboost used in his build
http://www.solaraguy.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=38841
TRD S/C 6psi - OBX Full Exhaust - Injen intake ( 226whp untuned).

New Setup - 3mzfe - obx full exhaust - aem fic - innovate mtx-l wideband - Cpe intake. (Estimated 220whp) dyno numbers coming soon.
Brandoe91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Smaay » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:58 am

its a little late now, but you should have left the AC system hooked up. just unbolt the compressor from the block.

the CT20b comes off the 3rd gen 3S-GTE (GT-4 Celica) its a much better turbo over the CT26. even the MKII supra CT26 is very laggy and has a poor MAP. another good turbo to consider is a 60-1. it will spool faster and make a ton more power at lower boost levels.

also dont get hung up on needing low compression for turbo cars. factory engines are set up that way so the user cant break anything. the Celica GT-S has 11.5:1 compression and we safely run 10 lbs of boost all day long. Its all in the tuning.
1997 Supra 2JZ-GTE
2001 Celica GT-S 2ZZ-GTE

Thats alot of BOOST!!!!
Smaay
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Gregtrd » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:53 am

Gregtrd wrote:Quick tip, if you dont have an ac machine to recover the refrigerant just remove
the ac compressor off the engine and put it aside. If you are going to remove the
refrigerant illegally use a hose and a bucket of water. Other then that tip good job.

Yup.
Smaay wrote:its a little late now, but you should have left the AC system hooked up. just unbolt the compressor from the block.

the CT20b comes off the 3rd gen 3S-GTE (GT-4 Celica) its a much better turbo over the CT26. even the MKII supra CT26 is very laggy and has a poor MAP. another good turbo to consider is a 60-1. it will spool faster and make a ton more power at lower boost levels.

also dont get hung up on needing low compression for turbo cars. factory engines are set up that way so the user cant break anything. the Celica GT-S has 11.5:1 compression and we safely run 10 lbs of boost all day long. Its all in the tuning.

I told him to keep it at 10:1 or even stock but he wants to run 87oct. so he wants 9:1 compression.
The Fastest Camry in Socal
366whp / 427wtq @10.5psi
Gregtrd
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:43 am

^87oct? when did i ever say i was going to be running 87? Just to clarify a few things i will be running 91 or higher if possible + methanol. Im going with such a low compression to have a safe and reliable engine. That way when i decide to twin charge i know ill be okay. Even though 9.0:1 CR is wayyy too low from what most people think but thats safety. I understand that my TRD blower wont do the job for high HP numbers since the blowers efficiency is pretty weak. Thats whay the twin charged comes into play.

some people have told me to even go to 8.5:1 CR and some 9.5:1 CR. Im sticking with 9.0:1 for more possibilities for my 1MZ.

Tunning is a big factor for our cars and so is cooling. For now ill be running 10.5-11lbs on the blower and ill be lucky if i break the 300 whp mark, but ill still be tunning with my SAFC II, but when i decide to twin charge or just go single turbo depedning on what i want ill be tunning with an AEM stand alone or a GReddy E manage. These 1MZ's can be monsters if tuned and done correctly. Im not aiming for anything crazy but ill be happy with a 450 whp street car.
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6

Postby Smaay » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:16 am

im not going to jump all over you for 450 in a street FWD car because my 2001 celica is making 545 to the wheels.

just because it makes that much, does not mean im going to drive on the street with that much. just turn the boost down to make about 350 and have a kick ass ride! so what im saying is....there is no point to have 450 on the streets, just turn the boost down to about 350HP and enjoy it in a FWD car. any more and its just going to spin your tires.
1997 Supra 2JZ-GTE
2001 Celica GT-S 2ZZ-GTE

Thats alot of BOOST!!!!
Smaay
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:56 am

Smaay wrote:im not going to jump all over you for 450 in a street FWD car because my 2001 celica is making 545 to the wheels.

just because it makes that much, does not mean im going to drive on the street with that much. just turn the boost down to make about 350 and have a kick ass ride! so what im saying is....there is no point to have 450 on the streets, just turn the boost down to about 350HP and enjoy it in a FWD car. any more and its just going to spin your tires.

Yeah i know what you mean. even with my previous set up at 290whp i still spun all first and second with no traction from the dig. So i can imagine what it will be like. But any where in the 350+ whp range is my goal. :D
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6

Postby SirThomas88 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:31 pm

Very nice! I look forward to following this build. Looks like there are several people doing MZ builds right now, very interesting..

Have you considered custom cams? The stock cams have 6 degrees of overlap and you'll be loosing lots of boost right into your exhaust. Plus the boost leak will throw off your AFR reading.
14.11s 101mph quarter mile. 5 Speed v6 Supercharged @ 5.5psi
SirThomas88
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:27 am

SirThomas88 wrote:Very nice! I look forward to following this build. Looks like there are several people doing MZ builds right now, very interesting..

Have you considered custom cams? The stock cams have 6 degrees of overlap and you'll be loosing lots of boost right into your exhaust. Plus the boost leak will throw off your AFR reading.

Nah, never considered that, is that the set up you will be running? ive been talking to Gabe and we've been cooking up some decent ideas for my build.

Back to the build:

Its been about two weeks since i last touched my car, Finally today ill be able to continue to work, if all goes well this weekend engine should be at the machine shop by monday afternoon. More pics to be posted tonight

stay tuned!
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:31 am

Ok Engine came out last night, Here are some pics:

Chained up getting ready

Almost there:
My buddy praying that it wont fall. lol Jk.

And, its out:

The black hole:

Stay tuned guys tonght ill be removing a bunch of sh!t off the egnine and aiming for it to be at the machine shop tomorrow afternoon. :D
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6

Postby SleeperSolara » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:23 pm

Didn't you started a build man....
Will watch this now.
Good luck!!
2000 Solara SE auto V6. Diamond White Pearl.
Top Speed Run finished at 130 mph. :o
Too many modifcations for the signature.
SleeperSolara
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Aftermarket Gen1 and 1.5