[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - New Audio System 2000 Soalra Less Than $800
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

New Audio System 2000 Soalra Less Than $800

New Audio System 2000 Soalra Less Than $800

Postby RCXDerp » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:45 pm

I have never done anything to my car's audio system before, so I'd really appreciate some help. Overall what I'm looking for is to make my car audio sound better. So far I've thought through a few things, I would like the Stereo to have a USB port on the front to play music off my iPhone 4s, and a single 12 inch subwoofer is probably what I'm looking at for bass. Need to know what I'm going to have to get, and would appreciate any guides for putting it together.
RCXDerp
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: New Audio System 2000 Soalra Less Than $800

Postby SteveSolara » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:47 am

You can always go to http://www.crutchfield.com/S-uJDJsCU94yi/ and put in your vehicle and buy upgrades for the speakers and head units. or you can use this site as a tool to find out what size speakers you need and go here to buy cheaper head unit or speakers. http://www.sonicelectronix.com/?test=b& ... -X696.html
Image Image
SteveSolara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby RCXDerp » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:11 pm

Thanks for the advice.
RCXDerp
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby 1gSE » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:31 am

^^ What he said. There's also woofersetc.com and onlinecarstereo. I've ordered from both and sonicelectronix as well and I have zero complaints about all 3 site. They're usually much cheaper than crutchfield, but it's a great source for info. The set up in my solara (total was a little over 1k but was done in stages) includes Alpine speakers all the way around, Apline amps (4 channel and a mono) and 2 12in Type R and cheap Sony single DIN, which has been replaced with a double DIN Sony and new wiring. The GTO has a double DIN Kenwood h/u, factory speakers, a cheap single 10in Boss subwoofer and an equally cheap amp. I wasn't looking for a setup like the one in the Solara, just something to compliment the factory (trunk space is VERY limited)...basically the way it SHOULD have sounded.

The last Boss sub I had was fine around town. 2 hours into a road trip it overheated and blew, but I did have a pretty powerful amp pushing it. The one I have now has survived a couple of longer road trips and numerous passes down the drag strip.

For an $800 budget, you should be able to find a nice head unit (I'd look to spend about 400ish.) That alone will make the speakers sound better and then put the rest towards a nice sub/amp combo, plus required items for the install. Sonicelectronix and onlinecarstereo usually have some affordable bass packages that'll include 1 or 2 subs, an enclosure, amp and installation kit for a decent price. There's some pretty knowledgeable audio guys here, so feel free to ask any questions
Last edited by 1gSE on Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby SteveSolara » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:20 pm

^^ That too, just do research on products before you buy.
Image Image
SteveSolara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5