[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Steering wheel "DISPLAY" button stopped working
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Steering wheel "DISPLAY" button stopped working

Steering wheel "DISPLAY" button stopped working

Postby wkbrdr91 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:47 pm

After installing my new headunit my display button on the steering wheel stopped working and it is stuck on the live mpg, anyone have any experiences with this? Worked great before installing the headunit.
2006 Solara Sport
TRD RSB, lip kit, 2 12" Sony sub's, Injen SRI, 18" BBS rims, Tein springs, TRD struts, 5% tint, neons, 5 air horns, 55W low & fog HID's.
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: Steering wheel "DISPLAY" button stopped working

Postby GzNutz » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:38 pm

I don't think the wiring harness for the stereo would be tied to that display. Maybe you've got a loose wire or connection on the back of the display from pushing it up onto the dash when removing the stereo. Did you unhook the display or just push it out of the way?
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby wkbrdr91 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:29 am

GzNutz wrote:I don't think the wiring harness for the stereo would be tied to that display. Maybe you've got a loose wire or connection on the back of the display from pushing it up onto the dash when removing the stereo. Did you unhook the display or just push it out of the way?

Just pushed it out of the way. The actual display is still working, it shows me my live mpg, it just wont change.
2006 Solara Sport
TRD RSB, lip kit, 2 12" Sony sub's, Injen SRI, 18" BBS rims, Tein springs, TRD struts, 5% tint, neons, 5 air horns, 55W low & fog HID's.
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby zacman94 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:43 am

Have you tried the other controls on the steering wheel? When my head unit was installed, the guys told my mom that she wouldn't have any controls throughthe steering wheel. Just the cruise control. My display is also stuck on live MPG, but that's because that's the default. When you unhook the battery, the display turns to live MPG, and the clock will reset to 1 o clock. There's a certain connection between the steering wheel controls, and the head unit to where when you mess with the head unit, the steering wheel controls are gone. I'm still trying to find the connection though.
zacman94
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Projex0 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:22 am

Projex0
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby kingkakyle » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:35 am

yep...wont work unless ur head unit has either the correct plug or u have to buy an adapter
kingkakyle
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5