[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Engine won't start, SC install
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

Engine won't start, SC install

Re: Engine won't start, SC install

Postby alltrac92 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:14 pm

There should be two ground wires attached to the nose.
alltrac92
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Gregtrd » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:30 pm

You're missing the grounds that go on the back of the supercharger. I'll take a picture when I get home of the ground that I'm talking about
The Fastest Camry in Socal
366whp / 427wtq @10.5psi
Gregtrd
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Bostonlara » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:12 pm

Ok, I know on the stock intake there in a ground on the left side of the manifold and one in the rear facing the fire wall. So I put the left one on the nose and the rear one on the rear were it was originally attached but just bolted to the supercharger.

I'll wait for the pic Greg, thanks
building a 5.5psi S/C 3MZ 5spd with Meth, 305cc injectors, lite weight crank pulley, Apexi Neo, full exhaust & ypipe, CAI, TB spacer, knock upgrade, jims fuel upgrade, walbro 255, and much much much much more
Bostonlara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Gregtrd » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:57 am

Heres the two grounds that im talking about on the rear right side if the engine.
366whp / 427wtq @10.5psi
Gregtrd
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Bostonlara » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:12 am

Thanks Greg. I'm on my way home now so I'm going to check the grounds.

Btw that's some picture you took. I'm guessing that engine is on a stand? No way you took that from inside the bay lol
building a 5.5psi S/C 3MZ 5spd with Meth, 305cc injectors, lite weight crank pulley, Apexi Neo, full exhaust & ypipe, CAI, TB spacer, knock upgrade, jims fuel upgrade, walbro 255, and much much much much more
Bostonlara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Bostonlara » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:55 am

THAT WORKED!!!

I had to recheck all my vacuum lines because it kept stalling, fixed the lines and took her for a test drive!!!!

noticeable power increase, but when i go WOT it feels slow then the boost kicks in, maybe i need to tighten the belt some more. i got my boost gauge but its not hooked up so i'll do that tomorrow to see how much boost im using.

thanks everyone!!!
Bostonlara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Gregtrd » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:58 pm

I guess I am the top tech of sg J/K ladies, do you have the ebc hooked
Up? If so then your boost will kick in around 30mph.
366whp / 427wtq @10.5psi
Gregtrd
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Bostonlara » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:20 pm

i do not have the ebc hooked up. i have the bypass valve hose routed to the barb that it right below it.
Bostonlara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Previous

Return to Forced Induction