[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Catch Can Question
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

Catch Can Question

Catch Can Question

Postby chullen1 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:04 pm

I am currently building my engine with Gabe. I am adding a catch can system and want to run -AN fittings. I chose -10AN fittings and took the parts to JE import performance to have the bungs welded on. Found out the valve covers are magnesium. Do any 1mz's come with aluminum valve covers so I can add a AN catch can system. Otherwise I will need to buy another catch can as the one I bought comes pre installed with AN fittings. Gabe, said he has never added AN fittings to those covers before and didn't know they were magnesium. I didn't know either so any help would be greatly appreciated.
chullen1
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: Catch Can Question

Postby GzNutz » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:18 pm

Can't the valve cover be tapped and the fitting threaded in?
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:03 pm

^thats what i would assume.
is this what your trying to do:
One of the few Built Forged Supercharged solaras in so cal
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6
Solaraguy's dopest driver
Solaraguy's dopest driver

Postby ASG14 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:52 pm

Are you flippin smoking crack laced with dusted wrapped in hemp? Cause thats the only excuse I'll accept as to this thread.
ASG14
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby SirThomas88 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:45 pm

ASG14 wrote:Are you flippin smoking crack laced with dusted wrapped in hemp? Cause thats the only excuse I'll accept as to this thread.

hahahahahahaha.

ditto. Wtf are you thinking Craig? Don't you have more important things to spend your money on for the build? It's not like there is a shortage of ways to spend your money on upgrades.. And... this wouldn't even be an upgrade...
14.11s 101mph quarter mile. 5 Speed v6 Supercharged @ 5.5psi
SirThomas88
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Bostonlara » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:07 pm

Why -AN fittings?? I'm assuming to dress up the bay a bit? Personally I don't see whats wrong with using thE stock tubing to the catch can. Waste of money, probably. I think it'll add too much frustration trying to tap the covers with fitting. What will you do about the stock fitting/ metal pipe on the valve cover?? Just cap it off? Might as well run two catch cans for both banks and use colored silicon hose and call it a day. On that note the only reason to maybe tap the cover is because of the rear pcv valve, the s/c pretty much sits on the pcv. Buuuut it's not my car so good luck to you with the build
building a 5.5psi S/C 3MZ 5spd with Meth, 305cc injectors, lite weight crank pulley, Apexi Neo, full exhaust & ypipe, CAI, TB spacer, knock upgrade, jims fuel upgrade, walbro 255, and much much much much more
Bostonlara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby chullen1 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:54 pm

It was something I was considering but since its is taking Gabe longer than expected to sell the supercharger and some other parts to get my build going full steam, my mind tends to wander and explore new avenues for the community. This was not expected and I was looking for a trick setup for the car, but since the valve covers are magnesium it did not work. I wasn't looking for all the hate but this is the real reason why I don't use this site anymore. Too much hate when some one has other ideas that have never been done before. Thanks everyone!
chullen1
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SirThomas88 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:39 am

No hate here man we're just saying you can use your time and money in better ways.

We all wish you the best for your build and personally I'm very interested to see how it comes up. Just the other day Gabe was telling me a little about what he has in store for you.

People on any forum can be subject to ridicule. That's normal.
14.11s 101mph quarter mile. 5 Speed v6 Supercharged @ 5.5psi
SirThomas88
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby sliDingSolAra... » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:19 pm

ya i don't think anyone is trying to rag on you, if anything they just want you to make sure that you know where theyre coming from
02 5spd Engine scattered, working on a 3MZ S/C set-up
sliDingSolAra...
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby chullen1 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:54 am

Since the catch can idea didn't make sense with AN fittings I bought one just with the standard barb so I can still use a catch can.
chullen1
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Forced Induction