[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - 2000 factory amplifier only in convertible?
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

2000 factory amplifier only in convertible?

2000 factory amplifier only in convertible?

Postby Avolak » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:15 am

Hello, I'm looking to replace my head unit and have read a lot about bypassing the factory amp if you have the premium sound system. I have a 2000 Solara SLE; it has a 6-disc changer and it does say JBL on the speaker panels, but NOT on the actual head unit. I've also read that the amplifier is to increase the bass when the convertible top is down (from road noise). My main question being, even though I have the SLE with JBL speakers, is there no amplifier in the non-convertible hard tops? Also, I definitely don't have a factory sub (pretty sure it only came in convertible with the 2000 model) so my other question, is it even possible to have the amp, and not have the sub?

I basically am at a stand-still on whether I need to buy a regular harness
(like this one) http://www.amazon.com/Stereo-Harness-To ... ra+harness

Or the amp bypass harness
(like this one) http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_182 ... MgodRGMA3A

2000 Toyota Solara SLE; NON-convertible
Avolak
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: 2000 factory amplifier only in convertible?

Postby TLMNICK » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:52 pm

The JBL wasn't only put in the convertible...but the converible was the only one fitted with a sub...which was garbage lol

If you have an SLE, then you do have the JBL premium system with factory amplifier. The stock amp is located behind the glove box on the right hand side.

Don't buy a regular harness...you COULD buy a harness with a small module that allows you to keep your stock amp in place, but it's expensive, and ultimately not worth it IMO.
TLMNICK
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: 2000 factory amplifier only in convertible?

Postby Avolak » Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:38 pm

So do you hook up the bypass harness at the amp behind the glovebox, or does it still hook up somewhere behind the head unit?
Avolak
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5