[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - How Many Miles on your supercharged solara
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

How Many Miles on your supercharged solara

How Many Miles on your supercharged solara

Postby Drivenh » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:21 pm

Just out of curiosity comparing the regular v6 to a supercharged one.

Year:
Miles:
Any major issues:
Drivenh
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: How Many Miles on your supercharged solara

Postby ASG14 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:58 pm

'96 Camry

176k Miles

Some oil consumption so I threw in a 2MZ at around 163k miles I think it was. Still ran fine. Was supercharged like 55k miles, probably 20k of which was 6PSI untuned with stock injectors. Beat the F'n hell out of the thing too.
ASG14
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby 1gSE » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:04 pm

99, 179k (s/c installed at 168k) blew both knock sensors, serviced injectors, a bad coil caused a high rpm misfire, broke the torque strut mount, clutch is slipping....but she's still dropping jaws and pissing people off
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Drivenh » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:31 am

Haha i really love the power of the superchargers but i feel that they destory the hell out of these engine. They do piss people off especially around the city :)
Drivenh
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Gregtrd » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:32 pm

False, where are you getting your info. from? Btw how old are you, seems like you lack a tad in the performance field.
The Fastest Camry in Socal
366whp / 427wtq @10.5psi
Gregtrd
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby cartang » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:40 pm

99 camry , 117,000, supercharged at 14,000.
[IMG]http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj307/cartang1/007-2-1.jpg[/IMG]
Camry 99, 5sp manual, SC,CPE intake,OBX headers, Jim's fuel system,Walbro pump,Greddy exhaust,Exedy 1 clutch,Fidanza flyweel.
Camry 07, V6,TRD cat back,Fujita CAI, GS 430 rims
cartang
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:41 pm

Gregtrd wrote:False, where are you getting your info. from? Btw how old are you, seems like you lack a tad in the performance field.

Hes new to the forum dude, Greg if you really think about it WITHOUT the proper mods the s/c does beat the hell out the 1mz
One of the few Built Forged Supercharged solaras in so cal
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6
Solaraguy's dopest driver

Postby Drivenh » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:31 pm

Thank you thats exactly what im saying. I dont mean to sound bad or anything im just very dissapointed in trd with this. And was just curious about the Reliabilty of s/c cars. Consider the pontiac boniville ssei or the grand prix gtp. Great 3.8L just ones with superchargers die before the na ones. And im 20
Drivenh
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby 1gSE » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:13 pm

I'm starting to suspect a troll. Drivenh, you claim the s/c is the reason for you car running lean (which is true...to an extent) you can't increase airflow without increasing fuel and expect it to be have factory reliability. You agreed with ToyoSolV6, so I'm assuming you agree that with proper mods, it'll function the way its supposed to. This applies to ANY car. You haven't given us a mod list. You said you need a new MAF and you're running more than 4 psi. If you KNOW your car has a lean condition, why are you going into boost? How is any of that TRDs fault? Any car can have reliability issues. Nothing man made is perfect. If you're continually driving a car that's not in good shape and trying to use parts to band-aid it, rather than fixing the problem, that's no one else's fault other than your own. There's PLENTY of F/I cars on this forum that have had very minor issues. The cold air intake excuse is bs. I have one and it's been in temperatures ranging from well below freezing to 100+

....you gotta pay to play....
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Drivenh » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:58 am

Youre 100% 1gse. I probably should stop complaining so much about the issue. I never ment for any bad intentions i was just curious what others had to say about the superchargers thats all. All im looking for is knowledge im not thrying to troll. And ive only drivien the car for maybe a total week. Its been parked ever since the issue started. I have a 1995 impala ss with borlas and a k&n and love it. I just dont know how well the cold air mixes with s/c. Someone on the forum posted that in the supercharger manual it says dont add cold air intake. I baught the car charged so i never had any manuals. I dont know too much about chargers thats why im asking all these questions. The only forced induction vehicle ive owned was a 2002 duramax with a 6.6 turbo. But thats a diesel and theyre completely different.
Drivenh
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby wagonsrule » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:39 pm

94 Camry Wagon :drinking: 173k miles supercharged at 130-140k (dont remember). Been supercharged for almost 2 years now no problems except a low idle lol (not even related to s/c its a faulty IAC valve and intake the cause). Of course, i took my precautions before supercharging the engine. 255lph fuel pump and knock sensor relocation before even installing the S/C. No problem even with the A/T since i let go of it just before redline. Best mod i ever did rofl even my mpg went up since boost comes up so easily on the highways. I manage 30mpg on the highway and i haven't changed my air filter in over a year lol.

Gotta love the fuel system of the camry gen3 compared to gen4 though ( :roll: i.e. Jim's Fuel Mod)
----------------------
94 Camry V6 Wagon SUPERCHARGED @ 5 psi!!!! One of a KIND! (6-7psi coming up)
SAFC
75 cu ft. of storage space :D
wagonsrule
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Drivenh » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:14 am

Nice man. I finally found out the issue on mine. I was running a small s/c pulley 7-8psi and a junk CAI. Hopefully get this all sorted out. I wanna cruze with this thing before summers here
Drivenh
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:29 am

Drivenh wrote:Nice man. I finally found out the issue on mine. I was running a small s/c pulley 7-8psi and a junk CAI. Hopefully get this all sorted out. I wanna cruze with this thing before summers here

Holy balls dude you were running an 8lb pulley? im surpirsed your block hasnt popped yet. well i would suggest bringing that boost down a lot.
One of the few Built Forged Supercharged solaras in so cal
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6

Postby sliDingSolAra... » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:15 pm

Drivenh wrote:Haha i really love the power of the superchargers but i feel that they destory the hell out of these engine. They do piss people off especially around the city :)

any boosted car that isn't built properly will get the crap beaten out of it. run Meth, just do it. your gonna need a new engine sooner or later. chances are that the block is already starting to hurt.

i boosted at 160K, spun two rod bearing and broke a piston ring land. the ring land was probably broken before i boosted it (thought it was valve tapping). spun the rods probably from the boost. oil galleys weren't clogged but there were signs or excessive heat and obv metal in the pan, but the piston oil scrapping ring was clogged up a bit.

just do it the right way dude. otherwise it WILL bit you ass later. i was lucky enough to have this happen over the winter and not in the summer. otherwise i'd be pulliong my hair out not being able to drive
02 5spd Engine scattered, working on a 3MZ S/C set-up
sliDingSolAra...
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Drivenh » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:31 pm

Ya Im hoping to start driving this car as soon as the snow melts. The car is an original trd factory solara. It was a clean install at 0 mi but the retard before me decided it was cool to put 8lbs boost and a cold air intake... drove it for a few hundred miles and put it for sale cuz he was to lazy to find out what his problem was. But ya i plan on bringing that back down to the stock 3.2" pulley so itll make about 3-4lbs of boost
Drivenh
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Forced Induction