[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Just finished my first real mod
Talk about audio, video and nav installations and applications.

Just finished my first real mod

Just finished my first real mod

Postby JackWaggon » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:02 am

Well I just finished my first real mod to my 2001 SE. My stock head unit was shot, so I stepped up and bought a Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS. This thing has pretty much everything you could want out of a stereo. Install was really easy, and it sounds 10x better than the stock JBL. I bypassed the stock amp, thanks to the words of advice from y'all here at Solaraguy, and kept the stock speaker (for the time being). Here are some pics.

BEFORE:
AFTER:
JackWaggon
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Just finished my first real mod

Postby cartang » Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:40 pm

Nice congratulations :D
[IMG]http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj307/cartang1/007-2-1.jpg[/IMG]
Camry 99, 5sp manual, SC,CPE intake,OBX headers, Jim's fuel system,Walbro pump,Greddy exhaust,Exedy 1 clutch,Fidanza flyweel.
Camry 07, V6,TRD cat back,Fujita CAI, GS 430 rims
cartang
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby corlon » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:10 pm

looks good enjoy. bluetooth is a awsome isn't it!
NiCe
corlon
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby JackWaggon » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:48 pm

Yea I didn't have much hope for the Bluetooth feature, seeing as factory installed hands free sound like crap. This one however sounds great when driving for both driver and caller on the other end. Now I have to update my interior because is new unit makes it look a little dated.
JackWaggon
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby MadSkillz » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:21 am

Looks real good. You have inspired me to swap out my stock radio in my 2000 SLE that I've had for a few months. The CD player doesn't seem to work with any Disc I put in it, retail or burned. Hopefully by this summer I'll have it replaced with a similar kind of upgrade.

Again congrats
MadSkillz
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby JackWaggon » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:23 am

Thanks 'MadSkillz'. I had the same issue with my stock unit. The radio worked but that was about it. Installation is a breeze. Make sure you bypass the stock JBL amp, and buy a wiring harness. There are a few tutorials on this site to help you if you have any questions.
JackWaggon
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby shotgun » Sun May 05, 2013 3:21 pm

lookin good, i installed a 1 din unit and cant live without the extra space to put stuff haha
shotgun
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Audio/Video/Navigation