[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Help! Exhaust question.
All about aftermarket Toyota Solara upgrades

Help! Exhaust question.

Help! Exhaust question.

Postby 00lara5127 » Mon May 06, 2013 7:47 pm

I am looking to swap out my muffler. Around christmas i got a dc sports muffler. It is a little to fart-boxy/loud for me and for some reason after 3,000 rpms and higher the exhaust tone completely cuts out and it sounds like i dont even have a pipe on anymore. Thats not a huge deal but i would like if it would continue to get louder as i got higher into the rpms so i could enjoy getting on it at times. I found another muffler on here that i am thinking about going to. The first link below is what i currently have, and the second link is what i want to go to. What will be the difference? Louder, quieter, power. etc. Also, i am going to get cold air intake to go with it. Any idea what the best bang for my buck is when it comes to that? Thanks a lot guys.

http://www.pepboys.com/product/details/ ... ?quantity=

http://www.amazon.com/Magnaflow-14829-P ... B000CCFJ52
2000 SE 5-speed manual V6
00lara5127
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: Help! Exhaust question.

Postby 1gSE » Mon May 06, 2013 8:17 pm

The Magnaflow will probably be a bit quieter....and look a hell of a lot better
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby 00lara5127 » Mon May 06, 2013 9:40 pm

Yeah i really like the look of it. Any idea why this pipe cuts out after 3,000?
00lara5127
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby 00lara5127 » Tue May 21, 2013 7:49 am

Went with the magnaflow muffler with the stock resonator eliminated and 2.5 inch piping from the cat back. aboslutely perfect sound. Has that nice tuner sound that sounds perfect when i get on it but has no annoying noise if i am just cruising. The pipe came to about 160 and the labor was 125. Perfect setup and not hard on the wallet at all.
00lara5127
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Solorange » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:08 am

The V6 in our cars is loudest at a little over 3,000 rpm. When I was working on my exhaust, I had to run some errands with no muffler on the car and you could hardly hear it at idle or when it gets up to around 4,000 rpm and higher. So no matter what exhaust you get its loudest point will be at around the 3,000rpm mark.
1999 Toyota Solara SEV6 5speed
2009 Toyota Highlander Sport
2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Solorange
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Return to Aftermarket Upgrades