[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Help me with TRD EBC install~
Everything about the Toyota Camry.

Help me with TRD EBC install~

Help me with TRD EBC install~

Postby John Su » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:07 pm

Hi all
today i try to install the TRD EBC for my camry but i find out my car dont have the plug II2 plug ! I am in Australia , anyone know about this problem ?please help me out ~ should I just leave it ?

Thanks

here is the pics
John Su
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Help me with TRD EBC install~

Postby SolaraPete » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:56 am

Do you have auto or manual trans?
'99 S/C'd 5spd: 6psi-KYB/Intrax-Kaminari-Renova- 2.5in w/TRD muffler-full Injen CAI w/crisp-mongo filter-Walbro 190-305cc-Jim's fuel-torque rod-8mm Magnecore-EGR delete-ACT 6-puck-AEM wideband-SAFC2-Supra/ES300 F+R brake conversion
SolaraPete
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby John Su » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:37 pm

auto~thanks
John Su
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby SolaraPete » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:51 pm

Here's a real pic to help you out:

Your ECU can be seen in the top right corner. The I12 plug is the blue plug in this pic (as referenced in the TRD EBC install manual page 4, step 3). Pin 2 should be the purple/red wire (top, left) Per the TRD manual, the colors may vary, but pin location stays the same regardless of model year.

As a side note, my car is a manual and i never installed the EBC.

:cheers:
'99 S/C'd 5spd: 6psi-KYB/Intrax-Kaminari-Renova- 2.5in w/TRD muffler-full Injen CAI w/crisp-mongo filter-Walbro 190-305cc-Jim's fuel-torque rod-8mm Magnecore-EGR delete-ACT 6-puck-AEM wideband-SAFC2-Supra/ES300 F+R brake conversion
SolaraPete
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby John Su » Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:35 pm

SolaraPete wrote:Here's a real pic to help you out:

Your ECU can be seen in the top right corner. The I12 plug is the blue plug in this pic (as referenced in the TRD EBC install manual page 4, step 3). Pin 2 should be the purple/red wire (top, left) Per the TRD manual, the colors may vary, but pin location stays the same regardless of model year.

:D Great help here Thanks ~
John Su
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby SolaraPete » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:09 pm

No problem at all buddy - glad to help. Hope all is well in the land of Oz :lol:

SolaraPete
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby HARKEM » Sat May 11, 2013 1:05 am

John Su wrote:
SolaraPete wrote:Here's a real pic to help you out:

:D Great help here Thanks ~

Hey John what did you end up doing with the wire????
I'm currently wiring in my harness and i don't have half the plugs in this pic....manual trans...
2001 V6 CAMRY TOURING
DBA 4000 Slotted/Cross Drilled Rotors Front/Rear, EXEDY Stage 1 Race Clutch, FIDANZA 9lbs Flywheel,
Whiteline RSB & FSB, TRD Suspension, CUSTOM Headers&OBX CatBack, TRD S/C:)
HARKEM
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby SolaraPete » Sat May 11, 2013 5:52 am

HARKEM wrote:Hey John what did you end up doing with the wire????
I'm currently wiring in my harness and i don't have half the plugs in this pic....manual trans...

You dont need the EBC if you have a manual trans. Its purpose is to cut boost while the auto trans switches gears to prevent damage. Since you're already lifting the throttle to manually shift, its pointless in our manual trans cars.

SolaraPete
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby HARKEM » Sun May 12, 2013 5:21 am

I've come to the conclusion that i can't wire it in...have 3 wires that i don't know where to put..lol

Hey Solarapete how many km's you done so far on your engine without the ebc wired in???
2001 V6 CAMRY TOURING
DBA 4000 Slotted/Cross Drilled Rotors Front/Rear, EXEDY Stage 1 Race Clutch, FIDANZA 9lbs Flywheel,
Whiteline RSB & FSB, TRD Suspension, CUSTOM Headers&OBX CatBack, TRD S/C:)
HARKEM
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby SolaraPete » Sun May 12, 2013 6:52 am

Well i put the S/C on in 2008, and prob put on about 40-50k since then sooo thats about 65-80km. Hopefully a couple other manual guys can also chime in to confirm.
SolaraPete
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Toyota Camry