[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - New Rims Need Tires
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

New Rims Need Tires

New Rims Need Tires

Postby Drivenh » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:58 am

Ok so a few months ago my father got some nice bbs rims for his solara and i did a lot of research for him and ended up going with 225/45/18 Nitto Motivo tires... Best Ultra High performance tire I've drove to date with great treadwear and a 60k mi warrenty. I just recently purchased a pair of bbs 18s for my trd and am looking for a nice tire with great treadwear but i want 215/45/18 as a size because i had 225/17s when I baught this car and for maine they sucked. Too wide for a front wheel drive car and divets in the road kept pulling my car left and right. They did look cool though. But I've been doing some research and so far my choice is leaning towards the general gmax as-03 tires does anyone have any imput on this as far as treadwear goes. I drive a lot and dont really wanna replace my tires every 6 months. Thanks
Drivenh
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: New Rims Need Tires

Postby corlon » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:33 pm

is your fathers car stock ride height or lowered? I'm looking to go from 225 40 18 to 225 45 18 and I'm lowered 1.2" haven't heard much about the generals. If you end up going with them let us know how you like em. right now i'm leaning toward the hankook ventus. here's a link to a review on some tires that went up against the Michelins pilot pro ps2.

http://www.caranddriver.com/comparisons ... -xs-page-9
NiCe
corlon
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Drivenh » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:48 pm

Hes got a stock ride but still enough space to go 50's. the ventus was too soft for my taste I was looking for a 500-560 rating. But another thing i just looked into is I got Maxxim Ahead Rims now with 215/45/17 and have tons of space but the rims are 17x7 with a 42mm offset and my bbs is 18x7.5 with a 40mm offset. So I was curious if a 215 is even a good idea. In your case adding an extra 2.5% to your total sidewall which would be an extra 5 5/8mm or 5.625mm of more tire to your wheelwell. If you have that much extra space by all means go for it. But if I were you spend 600$ and get 4 nitto motivos off tires.comtheyre rated for 60k miles and are great low pros for that size.
Drivenh
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby corlon » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:58 pm

I just ate through a set of nitto invos in a summer. left a bad taste for nittos. i'll do some research on em though. thx.
NiCe
corlon
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Drivenh » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:47 am

Haha The Invo is a soft tire man Its gonna have good grip but wear out quick especially at the profile youre using. But If your going to go ventus do the v12 over the v2 iv'e heard some really bad things about the v2
Drivenh
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5