[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Grill Emblem Missing
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

Grill Emblem Missing

Grill Emblem Missing

Postby yar02169 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:13 pm

I noticed a couple weeks ago that my chrome "T" on the front grill was missing. I was a little bummed out, because the blank spot looks a little weird without it. Thinking it just fell of, or was stolen, I would have to think about getting a replacement soon. Then I started to notice other Solara's on the road, and half of them are missing the front badge. Now I'm suspicious about replacing the emblem. Are they all falling off, or is someone actually stealing them for some unknown reason? Is this happening elsewhere, or is it just a Boston area thing? It looks like it's a three-legged snap in piece, so falling off by itself seems unlikely. I can't think of a good reason for them to be stolen, but that is what I'm leaning towards. If I do replace it, I'm thinking that I would add glue, or maybe wire to ensure it won't come off, but then if someone wants it, I may come out and find the entire grill missing. Just wondering if you know something about this.
Thanks,
yar02169
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Grill Emblem Missing

Postby GzNutz » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:35 pm

It was probably stolen. They snap in tight and would have to be released from the back side or pryed off from the front with a knife or screwdriver. Do you see any scrape marks around the area it was affixed to?
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Re: Grill Emblem Missing

Postby CosmicGrooves » Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:46 pm

Beastie Boys at it again?
CosmicGrooves
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5