[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - HOW-TO: dashboard light dimmer removal.
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

HOW-TO: dashboard light dimmer removal.

HOW-TO: dashboard light dimmer removal.

Postby ozone » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:23 am

Here's a little mini how to. To get the dimmer for the dashboard lights out, you have to pull the knob off from the front by using a screw-driver or something under the knob. I was hesitant to do this because I didn't want to scratch the plastic, but you probably won't get it off with just your hands, because the knob has little snaps underneath to catch the shaft. The shaft has a square tip on it, not a traditional D shape. I used a screwdriver without even putting tape on it or anything, and it popped out without damage. After that there is a nut that holds the dimmer mechanism in. Just remove that and the dimmer should drop out from behind. I did this with the dashboard out of the car, so getting to it, is up to you.

I know this is simple and probably obvious, but hey, what's a few wasted electrons amongst friends.

World's first V6 powered AE92. . . in progress.
ozone
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: HOW-TO: dashboard light dimmer removal.

Postby shotgun » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:54 pm

Is there any way to remove the whole thing like you did without removing the dashboard?
shotgun
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5