[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - No more Norcal Meets anymore?
SolaraGuy, Solara, and/or Camry events. Post your event listings here!

No more Norcal Meets anymore?

No more Norcal Meets anymore?

Postby Strider327 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:19 pm

What's up guys/gal? It's been a REALLY long time since I've logged into this forum. But just wanted to see if there are anymore meets in the local bay area in Northern California? I'm considering getting back into a Solara, I used to have a 2000 diamond white pearl V6 with a custom intake. (I used to build 5sfe intakes as well as the custom extensions for the 1mzfe as well). Anyway, I just want to hear from the community and see if there any upcoming events locally.

Cheers,
Cal
Strider327
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: No more Norcal Meets anymore?

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:52 pm

wattup strider. i haven't been here in a minute neither but from what it seems like, all the active members left on this forum wouldn't be enough for a legit meet. the last norcal SG meet I went to was more than 2 years ago and that was combined with matrix and camry forums. :(
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Strider327 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:41 pm

Wow, I think I remember that too. Big guy Jeff with the red Matrix gathered the matrix guys. Hopefully it can get started again. We'll see what happens. Maybe the few of you that do show up, we can do a canyon drive or something. Althought I'll probably have to keep jugs in my car as I run E85.
Strider327
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby pwizzle » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:23 pm

Calvin, dude, the last NorCal SG meet I went to was back in 2007 at the San Leandro Marina where I first met all of you guys haha. I come on SG maybe once a month now to see what's going on, but it's pretty much dead.
"To be is to do" - Plato
"To do is to be" - Sartre
"Do be do be do" - Sinatra
"Scooby Dooby Dooo!!" - Scooby Doo
pwizzle
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Strider327 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:06 pm

pwizzle wrote:Calvin, dude, the last NorCal SG meet I went to was back in 2007 at the San Leandro Marina where I first met all of you guys haha. I come on SG maybe once a month now to see what's going on, but it's pretty much dead.

Yeah, it's sad. The Socal peeps are keeping it active, Norcal is completely dead. Like deader than the actual dead. :(
Strider327
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:29 pm

zombie meet! back from the dead!

although I am kinda embarassed I haven't been maintaining my solara like i used to...
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby DSM_Lara » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:33 pm

Oh snap it's Yadda...
1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 (TRD Edition) Rare Greddy EvoII/CP-E Intake/Renova Grill/Black Housing Front/OEM Hood Deflector :kp: :spam3: :spam1:Musubi
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:18 am

DSM_Lara wrote:Oh snap it's Yadda...

lol wsup jet li. it's been a minute
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby pwizzle » Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:31 pm

Maybe one day soon, we can have another NorCal mini meet. BBQ at David's anyone? haha
"To be is to do" - Plato
"To do is to be" - Sartre
"Do be do be do" - Sinatra
"Scooby Dooby Dooo!!" - Scooby Doo
pwizzle
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby EkiMucH » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:15 am

Bringing this back from the dead... but Yadda you still have your gen 2? I been going to meets in the area with the Camry Nation crew so hit me up if you still got my number. Open to others in the area as well. I will post updated photos of my ride soon!
EkiMucH
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby civictypeR » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:18 pm

I'm down, if other people are down to hangout.
civictypeR
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby EkiMucH » Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:25 am

couple of meets tomorrow night, Saturday. one at Kohls parking lot in San Jose off of Blossom Hill Rd. across from Oakridge Mall. Another one in Union City that same night at a Tapioca Express. Also another next Saturday on Mabury Rd. Show on October 11 as well at the Santa Clara Cloutny Fairgrounds.

Most of the guys I go with are Camry Nation people. So a few more Solaras in the group would be nice!
EkiMucH
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby civictypeR » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:48 am

I should be able to make it to the Oct. 11 one. I'll put it on my to do list. It'll be nice to meet and hang out.
civictypeR
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:18 pm

whats the one at the fairgrounds?
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby EkiMucH » Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:20 am

Revolocity... I might go to Union City instead for a meet/show benefit for Cancer that day. Unless I am lazy and stay in San Jose since that Revolocity show is close to my house.
EkiMucH
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Next

Return to Events