[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - help, lights not bright enough
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

help, lights not bright enough

help, lights not bright enough

Postby Solarachick » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:41 pm

Hey guys I know I don't post much but I'm finally getting the hang of this form..

I currently have 8k hids on my car and there just not bright enough! I drive thru scary back roads on my commute to work and at night it gets very scary!

any help, tips on what the brightest bulb temp would be? I got my headlights water sand, buffed and cleared but that's just not enough..

please help, Andrea :morning:
2002 SOLARA SLE V6 ,20" KMC WHEELS, FULL EXHAUST , LOWERED,TINTED WINDOWS,SMOKED TAILIGHTS,10K HIDS WITH MORE TO COME!!.
Solarachick
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: help, lights not bright enough

Postby 1gSE » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:55 pm

Yeah you won't see sh*t with 8K HIDs.....

:P J/k I know you meant 8000K. But still, you won't see sh*t. Personally I wouldn't go over 6000K. I had 55w 6000K head lights and 35w 4500K fog lights..it was like daylight on pitch black roads

GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby dinoxor » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:42 pm

Once you go beyond 6000K, your output becomes worse.

I have 5000k for my headlights and foglights which outputs a bright pure white color
but ideally 4300k or 4500k is the sweet spot if you want the best light output for our reflector housing

In my opinion, I think everyone should consider a projector retrofit since this will actually focuses and utilizes your HID to its fullest potential.
You can find the retrofit DIY here: http://www.solaraguy.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=53338
If I were to tackle this project, I would purchase spare headlight housing from your local junkyard for around $30, clean it up, and retrofit them
If you mess up, it's okay since you didn't mess with your original headlights.
It should cost in total around $150

If you don't know the differences between our stock reflectors vs. projectors:
think of it as a flashlight,
Those old flashlights with the filament bulbs and the solar panel looking reflectors resembles what our cars have now
The projectors can be represented as an LED flashlight...

Now if you were in the woods at night, which one would you prefer to use

Hope this helps
dinoxor
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Toy1mzfe » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:56 pm

Stay between 4500k - 6000k. Also try get 55watt kits. They are much brighter. Also upgrade your foglights if you havent already. I like yellow fogs cause they work better at night/ in the rain. Nokya or 3000k golden yellow temp fogs.
Toy1mzfe
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Solarachick » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:43 pm

Thanks guys, I just found a kit on EBay for $40. I'll deff try those 5000k Tops and if there bright enough ill pull the trigger on the fogs
2002 SOLARA SLE V6 ,20" KMC WHEELS, FULL EXHAUST , LOWERED,TINTED WINDOWS,SMOKED TAILIGHTS,10K HIDS WITH MORE TO COME!!.
Solarachick
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Solarachick » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:24 am

What bulb size do we use guys?
Solarachick
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby dinoxor » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:57 pm

please don't buy it from ebay,
their quality are TERRIBLE and your output will be just as bad.

stick with http://www.ddmtuning.com/

they have lifetime warranty in case anything fails.
Keep your old bulbs just in case, so that you may use them in the meantime your new bulb is being processed and shipped.

and for gen1's I believe we use H4 size bulbs, not sure about gen 1.5s though
dinoxor
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Solarachick » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:09 pm

Thank you, I appreciate it!
Solarachick
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby SpeedySolara » Mon May 05, 2014 3:20 pm

Gen 1.5 (2002-2003) have 9006 low beam and 9005 high beam
[size=150][b]Get your Big Brake Kit today:[/b][/size]
http://www.solaraguy.com/viewtopic.php?t=48573
SpeedySolara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5