[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - transmission/speedo problem
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 1-1.5 upgrades.

transmission/speedo problem

transmission/speedo problem

Postby mettler » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:51 pm

Recently my speedo will just drop to zero for no apparent reason and then after a second or two will jump back..sometimes this goes on for a few minutes. I took out the speed sensor on the transmission and cleaned it and still had the same problem. Then, I went to a junkyard and pulled two of them off of solaras and still get the problem. Can the speed sensors in the wheels cause the same issue? I am also thinking I might have a short somewhere. Does anyone know where the speed sensor line from the transmission ends up? Is it possible that it could be the instrument cluster that is acting up. I can't figure it out.

thanks
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ice-Dragon-Cooling/139536759426738
mettler
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: transmission/speedo problem

Postby DSM_Lara » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:15 pm

Yes, It could possibly the cluster. Try unplugging it and plug it back in.
1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 (TRD Edition) Rare Greddy EvoII/CP-E Intake/Renova Grill/Black Housing Front/OEM Hood Deflector :kp: :spam3: :spam1:Musubi
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby mettler » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:28 pm

Thanks. I will give that a try. I might pick up another cluster at the junkyard too. Another thing is that when the speedo does work it is 10mph +/- below my actual speed. Do you think that could be cluster related too?
mettler
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Gregtrd » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:35 pm

Check your speed thru a scan tool, when it acts up if the speed fluctuates along with you cluster then the problem
Is your speed sensor or sensor wheel.
The Fastest Camry in Socal
366whp / 427wtq @10.5psi
Gregtrd
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby mettler » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:25 pm

I'm not getting a check engine light. But, I can see if there are any codes in there. Does the cluster malfunction have its own code?
mettler
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby mettler » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:49 am

ah.. I bet my VSS gears are different - leading to different speedo reading. I will take a look at that.
mettler
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby minig646 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:43 pm

A scan tool tells you much more than codes- it will tell you all the vital information about your powertrain. Temperatures, voltages, speed, etc.
2000 MR2 Spyder- SOLD
2000 SEV6- TOTALED
1999 Supercharged SLE V6
minig646
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Aftermarket Gen1 and 1.5