[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - pioneer fh-x700bt or kenwood dpx500bt
All about aftermarket Toyota Solara upgrades

pioneer fh-x700bt or kenwood dpx500bt

pioneer fh-x700bt or kenwood dpx500bt

Postby denebuff » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:36 am

I'm torn between these two units, so I'm hoping I can get your honest opinion, it will be going in a 2002 sle ragtop
not that makes any difference
denebuff
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: pioneer fh-x700bt or kenwood dpx500bt

Postby Nemesis85 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:28 pm

Both units are receiving great reviews. I didn't have the chance to compare the two models directly, but if they are both relatively the same spec-wise, I could tell you they both would perform great! I have owned the same Pioneer head unit for 6 years and it still performs great. I have close friends that run Kenwood and are in the same boat as me with their products. For CD/bluetooth head units, both companies make a solid product. When you get in to the higher end touch screen DVD/MP3/Navigation units, THEN I would lean towards Kenwoods Excelon series units over Pioneer. But for what you are looking at, both units will work great for you (again, unless one has more key features than the other). Hope this helps!
Nemesis85
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby denebuff » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:28 pm

Nemesis85
Thanks, I decided on the Kenwood DPX 500 BT, for 2 reasons, 1 it is satellite ready and 2 it has a bigger and less confusing display. The Pioneer has way to many light strips and circles I think this can be a little distracting.
Again Thank You!

Could you tell me how to post a picture?
denebuff
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby corlon » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:59 pm

how to post pics.

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1977
NiCe
corlon
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Aftermarket Upgrades