[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - replacement converitble tops
Stock talk about Solara

replacement converitble tops

replacement converitble tops

Postby thompsam » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:05 am

I've got an 02 convertible who's back window is pulling away from the fabric. After numerous attempts to rebond it, I'm about to give up and get a new top. Just wondering if any of you on this forum have gotten new tops and what brands you would recommend.

Sam
thompsam
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: replacement converitble tops

Postby petemos » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:42 pm

I know this is an old post but I have very successfully used something called "Marine Goop" there are all kinds of GOOP (which is a thick glue that remains flexible). the Marine kind is the toughest or one of them...designed for all weather and water....it has worked for me.
petemos
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby amp3188 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:29 am

The top of my rear glass popped off the other day. I will look into Marine Goop. Is this a DIY application for someone who is clueless with upholstery/convertible roof care?
1999 V6 SLE Red Solara - 247,xxx
2003 V6 SLE Black Solara Convertible - 167,xxx
amp3188
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby crankine3 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:13 am

Somewhat related, I tried a canvas repair kit, which was mostly glue and dye to color the glue, to fix a small tear. The spot now looks like a dark wet spot on my tan top because the way the glue dried, and it looks like ass. I don't anything about this marine goop, but test it out before you use it, and consider tapping off any areas on the exposed tarpaulin.

Our cars have a separate rear window section, you might be able to get that section for a reasonable price at a junk yard. It won't be a self service yard, only smaller places hold onto wrecked converts.
crankine3
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby amp3188 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:30 pm

The goop kind of worked. It looks like someone who doesn't know what they are doing fixed it though. That would be accurate though - I don't know what I'm doing!

It will work for now, but I'll be looking for a better solution soon.
1999 V6 SLE Red Solara - 247,xxx
2003 V6 SLE Black Solara Convertible - 167,xxx
amp3188
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby crankine3 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:24 pm

JW, what color is your top?
crankine3
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Toyota Solara OEM