[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Jon Bond Performance Supercharger Rebuild
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

Jon Bond Performance Supercharger Rebuild

Jon Bond Performance Supercharger Rebuild

Postby minig646 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:50 pm

It looks like no one has used Jon Bond Performance to rebuild their supercharger, so after researching his credentials I decided to take the plunge and share my experience. My symptoms were a grinding noise and low boost due to worn bearings. Here is a shot of my scored rotors and body:

I packed up the supercharger and shipped it off to his Algona, IA shop. A few days after delivery I received a free evaluation:

I was quoted $859.25 (3% discount for paying via cash/check) which was beyond reasonable to have every bearing and seal professionally replaced. They also stripped the rotors and put on a fresh ceramic coating for this price. Total turnaround time was 5 days, not including shipping time. This is what I got back:

List of parts used and services reported/Invoice:

Nice ID plate on the rear of the blower referencing my invoice:

All the old bearings and seals. They all feel like they have gravel in them- good thing I had it rebuilt when I did!

I used my borescope and took a picture through the runners under the supercharger to get a peak at the beautifully recoated rotors:

Swag:

The blower is almost inauduble at idle now. It's boosting so well now that I've got code P0171! Although I may have missed a vacuum line or something. We'll see. Overall I would highly recommend Jon Bond Performance, my only complaint being poor communication. He answers the phone 10% of the time I call, and he emails me back once every two days. That's not how I would run my business, but his workmanship appears to speak for itself. If any issues arise with the supercharger post rebuild, I will report back here.
2000 MR2 Spyder- SOLD
2000 SEV6- TOTALED
1999 Supercharged SLE V6
minig646
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: Jon Bond Performance Supercharger Rebuild

Postby Akfahad » Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:18 pm

good to know, thanks for the post.
Akfahad
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby cartang » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:06 am

Thanks for the post.
[IMG]http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj307/cartang1/007-2-1.jpg[/IMG]
Camry 99, 5sp manual, SC,CPE intake,OBX headers, Jim's fuel system,Walbro pump,Greddy exhaust,Exedy 1 clutch,Fidanza flyweel.
Camry 07, V6,TRD cat back,Fujita CAI, GS 430 rims
cartang
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby crankine3 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:47 pm

I bought a used S/C from a fairly decent person here but have not installed it, I still need to do an oil and easy bearing swap. Obviously it is used. When I spin the thing at a fast human speed I would have described "munching fine sand" before your post. I have not installed this yet, I am going through "fuel line" difficulties related to Jim's mod at the moment but almost there.

I've done 2 T/C's before but never a direct S/C. Is fine sand "moaning" normal or do I need to send it in? Wait 'till I mount it and measure performance?
crankine3
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Akfahad » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:20 am

^^do you know how many miles were put on it when you bought it, roughly? you shouldn't be hearing any type of grinding noise, however you may be able to tell yourself once you get the nose cone off and do the oil change on it.
Akfahad
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Return to Forced Induction