[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Annoying issue - can't see park brake on indicator
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 1-1.5 upgrades.

Any interest in a device that would beep for say 30 s (if handbrake and car moved)

I can see the indicator -- > No interest
No votes
Cool idea
No votes

Total votes : 0

Annoying issue - can't see park brake on indicator

Annoying issue - can't see park brake on indicator

Postby KeepItSimpleStupid » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:40 am

Hey guys, I've had the following problem since day one:

I can't see the parking brake on indicator

I have to have my steering wheel tilted such that I can't see the indicators very well like traction, cruise, check engine, but more importantly, the hand brake is on. 2000 SLE V6 automatic (without saying)

A lot of life problems have come up and it;s now not the most important thing to do although if anyone has the car apart and can measure the voltage across the speedometer (distance sensor) when on and off and about how far the car moves, that would be a necessary start. My guess is the distance sensor probably sees a foot or so of tire circumference.

So, what I've been contemplating for a VERY LONG TIME is an interface to the distance sensor, the hand brake switch and a buzzer.

** A Foot brake press/release starts activation window - e.g. 1 minute after release
** Buzzer starts on the edge trigger of the distance sensor and level sense of parking brake ON.
** Buzzer cancels upon activation of the brake.
** Emergency braking will activate the buzzer unless say system is disabled after the car moves 100 feet without the application of the brake or hand brake,

Remember the above device does not exist
KeepItSimpleStupid
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Aftermarket Gen1 and 1.5