[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Info Needed on removal of everything around the E-Brake
Non-tutorials will be deleted.

Info Needed on removal of everything around the E-Brake

Info Needed on removal of everything around the E-Brake

Postby REScales » Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:16 am

I looked through the DIY area and also did a search but couldn't find anyone who's posted up anything about removing the center console around the e-brake. I spilled some sugar down into the ebrake hole the other day and now my BRAKE light intermittenly comes on during the strangest times. Any help would be appreciated......
REScales
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

CASTROS GUIDE TO REMOVING CRAP...

Postby CASTRO » Sat Feb 28, 2004 9:43 am

Well, I have a 97 Camry, but it should be same or similar to a Solara. First wrap electrical tape around a flat blade screwdriver in not scratch/crack the plastic arount the shifter. (Mine is an auto) The plrastic trim around the shifter including the ashtray should remove together. There you will see the first two of 4 screws you have to remove to gain access to the E-brake area. The other two are by opening your center console area, removing that tiny chunk of carpet and the two last swers are underneath. DONE! hope that helps.

**Remember to be careful with the first step, I almost cracked my plastic trim trying to remove it the first time for E0Brake Adjustment.) :P
97 Camry XLE S/C V6 -- 07 "New Formula Red" S2000 -- 07 "Milano Red" Fit Sport
ImageImage
CASTRO
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby REScales » Sat Feb 28, 2004 11:52 am

thanks a lot! That did the trick! My brake light is back to working properly. :D
REScales
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby CASTRO » Sun Feb 29, 2004 2:00 am

no probs 8)
97 Camry XLE S/C V6 -- 07 "New Formula Red" S2000 -- 07 "Milano Red" Fit Sport
ImageImage
CASTRO
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Re: CASTROS GUIDE TO REMOVING CRAP...

Postby Skew » Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:00 pm

CASTRO wrote:Well, I have a 97 Camry, but it should be same or similar to a Solara. First wrap electrical tape around a flat blade screwdriver in not scratch/crack the plastic arount the shifter. (Mine is an auto) The plrastic trim around the shifter including the ashtray should remove together. There you will see the first two of 4 screws you have to remove to gain access to the E-brake area. The other two are by opening your center console area, removing that tiny chunk of carpet and the two last swers are underneath. DONE! hope that helps.

**Remember to be careful with the first step, I almost cracked my plastic trim trying to remove it the first time for E0Brake Adjustment.) :P

I tried this and there are two nuts at the botton of the center console area along with the two screws you described. I dont have an angled socket rachet. Any ideas?
Skew
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Skew » Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:06 pm

Nevermind i just stuck a flathead in the socket. Sorry for reviving an old thread.
| 99 SLE V6 | TRD AB Exhaust | Vinyl Matte Black Roof | Custom Mesh Grill | 20% Tint |
Skew
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: Info Needed on removal of everything around the E-Brake

Postby Teamroper » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:41 am

Sorry to bring this old post up again but I'm having a similar problem. I can get all 4 screws out but the housing seems to be hung up. I need to replace the idiot light that shines up through the housing showing you what gear you are in. It's an automatic and no matter what gear I put it in (not running of course) I still can't seem to get the plate off to replace the light bulb. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Teamroper
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Info Needed on removal of everything around the E-Brake

Postby corlon » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:34 pm

NiCe
corlon
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Tutorials Gen 1 and 1.5