[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Michael T's Custom Upper Grille.
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

Michael T's Custom Upper Grille.

Postby michaels artic frost » Sat Jun 19, 2004 9:10 pm

I've almost got the upper grille ready. As for the lower grille it's currently being sold at $79.95 and insurance is 2.20. If I receive $82.15, I will insure the item and if I receive $79.95, I will send the item uninsured.
Updated 06/01/12: Michael T's
Updated 06/01/12: JUICED! 232whp 294ft/lbs of torque
"Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around."
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Upper grille with and without TOYOTA emblem

Postby michaels artic frost » Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:12 pm

For all of those who requested the emblem on the upper grille. Here it is. I thought a picture of the actual emblem would look better than the one that was drawn on there with Paintshop...lol. Enjoy guys.

P.S. Yes, those are 20s...18s were too small...

Image[/url]

There are more pics on my site as well. I didn't want to clutter this forum up with pics.

Thanks for all the support guys!
Last edited by michaels artic frost on Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Arthur2k4 » Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:24 pm

looks better with the Toyota Emblem...... good job on it 8)
Arthur2k4
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby cklinh » Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:35 pm

wow, looking good... I might have to rethink my anti-mesh stance... how is that emblem attached though? Is it just with the clips on the back of the emblem?
2004 Solara SLE V6 - Cosmic Blue Metallic
cklinh
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby michaels artic frost » Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:45 pm

cklinh wrote:wow, looking good... I might have to rethink my anti-mesh stance... how is that emblem attached though? Is it just with the clips on the back of the emblem?

Yes, however, I'm working on a solution to secure the emblem and should be secure and will stay intact so you won't have to buy a new emblem...lol. That could get costly...haha.

Seriously, I'm making sure it's not going to come off. All this R&D stuff is tiring...lol.

Thanks for the feedbacks...it's much appreciated.

O yea...I'm starting to love the emblem there as well. Since debadging the car is going to cost too much. The front emblem is growing on me and I've had quite a few compliments already and I may just leave the TOYOTA emblem on the upper grille.
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Arthur2k4 » Wed Jun 30, 2004 11:20 pm

michaels_artic_frost wrote:
cklinh wrote:wow, looking good... I might have to rethink my anti-mesh stance... how is that emblem attached though? Is it just with the clips on the back of the emblem?

Yes, however, I'm working on a solution to secure the emblem and should be secure and will stay intact so you won't have to buy a new emblem...lol. That could get costly...haha.

Seriously, I'm making sure it's not going to come off. All this R&D stuff is tiring...lol.

Thanks for the feedbacks...it's much appreciated.

O yea...I'm starting to love the emblem there as well. Since debadging the car is going to cost too much. The front emblem is growing on me and I've had quite a few compliments already and I may just leave the TOYOTA emblem on the upper grille.

ya u definetly should.. it looks bbad ass with it on...not so much with it off
Arthur2k4
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Jewls » Thu Jul 01, 2004 9:19 am

I'm still not a fan of the upper, but still awaiting the conclusion on a black lower. Michael get to work! :evilbat: hehe
2005 Mustang GT Premium
2004 SE Black-SOLD
Pioneer MP3/XM radio/speakers,K&N filters,TRD RSB,Cargo Net,OEM Mud Guards,sport pedals, blue interior lighting,TRD oil cap,20% tint
Jewls
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby cklinh » Thu Jul 01, 2004 9:30 am

Jewls wrote:I'm still not a fan of the upper, but still awaiting the conclusion on a black lower. Michael get to work! :evilbat: hehe

I just plan on spray painting whichever grill I get... I hope the mesh is big enough that paint doesn't clog up the holes.
2004 Solara SLE V6 - Cosmic Blue Metallic
cklinh
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby michaels artic frost » Thu Jul 01, 2004 9:37 am

cklinh wrote:
Jewls wrote:I'm still not a fan of the upper, but still awaiting the conclusion on a black lower. Michael get to work! :evilbat: hehe

I just plan on spray painting whichever grill I get... I hope the mesh is big enough that paint doesn't clog up the holes.

The mesh is bigger than the end of your pencil eraser and should not clog, since others have painted the lower grille to match their car colors.
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Astro » Thu Jul 01, 2004 9:42 am

The grille looks great! Although, I think it would be more finished off if you had the sides and bottom edges covered. Something like how the edges were on the bottom grille with the chrome strip around the edges. :D
ImageImage
Lexus lip kit, LED tails, F-Sport Intake, HKS hi-power exhaust, TEIN S-tech springs
Astro
SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby michaels artic frost » Thu Jul 01, 2004 9:49 am

Astro wrote:The grille looks great! Although, I think it would be more finished off if you had the sides and bottom edges covered. Something like how the edges were on the bottom grille with the chrome strip around the edges. :D

Astro...we need to chat for R&D stuff...LOL.

You haven't seen the finished product, this is the 2nd stage. I've been working on that for quite some time now. That's why there's no pricing. I just wanted to give some of those who have been wanting to see pics of w/ and w/o emblems. I've had many email inquiries and just wanted to UPDATE everybody.

Here's my take on this. I want to have a finished product that's good enough for me and Ima picky SOB...LOL...jk. So...if it ain't good nuff for me, I'm not gonna offer it to you guys.

I say that by this weekend, I'm movin onto Stage 3 and within the next two weeks, it should be ready. I've finally got some free time for more R&D-ing.

Thanks for the feedbacks, you guys are GREAT!!! LOL.
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby got sport » Thu Jul 01, 2004 10:41 am

Keep up the good work. I appreciate innovators like you. We need to have people like you working at TRD!!!
<b>'04 V6 SE Sport -Black</b>
http://www.cardomain.com/id/gotsport
got sport
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby michaels artic frost » Mon Jul 12, 2004 8:04 am

slingshot wrote:By the way, any idea on when the top mesh mod will be ready and what changes you are making still since your latest pics?

Regarding the upper grille. I stayed up til 6 am this morning redesigning it and with 2 hours of sleep...I feel great...lol. Unfortunately, I manage to screw up my 3rd stage grille, I almost had to put the OEM grille back in it's place. Since I've had the custom there for so long, I can't imagine the car being any other way. I manage to design one and will have to work on it later on tonight. Sorry that it's taking so long, the upper grille has proven to be a tougher challenge than I had imagined. I will continue to keep you guys posted.

Thanks for all the support.
-Michael
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Jewls » Mon Jul 12, 2004 8:11 am

any chance of a painted black lower? I know, I know, you're busy, me too. :wink:
2005 Mustang GT Premium
2004 SE Black-SOLD
Pioneer MP3/XM radio/speakers,K&N filters,TRD RSB,Cargo Net,OEM Mud Guards,sport pedals, blue interior lighting,TRD oil cap,20% tint
Jewls
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby michaels artic frost » Mon Jul 12, 2004 8:15 am

Jewls wrote:any chance of a painted black lower? I know, I know, you're busy, me too. :wink:

Hey Jewls,

If you want a painted lower, I can try...I repeat...I can try to paint it for you if you are interested. My only concern is that through time the paint will peel. Let me know what you think... :D

-Michael
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5