[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Amplifier Installation - Power Cable Routing
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Amplifier Installation - Power Cable Routing

Amplifier Installation - Power Cable Routing

Postby Ransom8707 » Tue May 22, 2007 9:20 pm

Well I was installing my amplifier today when i ran into a problem I noticed that my car didn't have a hole in my hood where I could stick my 0/1 Gauge Power Wire. Since I looked and looked around but couldn't find a hole where I could stick this thick Power Wire. I just wanted to know from personal experience 1. Where did y'all people run your Power cable into the interior 2. Where did y'all route the thick cable though? and did y'all have to make any holes? Since I didn't see any. ANY help would really help.
Ransom8707
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby theprodigy79 » Tue May 22, 2007 9:37 pm

You're gonna have to drill... Not sure about the Gen 1, but the Gen 2 has a large enough "channel" in the door sill (under the door sill cover) to run 0/1 to the rear. Drill through the firewall on the driver's side as directly lined up with the channel as possible (make sure you look carefully at both sides of the fire wall to make sure nothing vital is in the way).
'04 Solara SE Sport V6, all TRD + CP-e, gone but not forgotten... '09 G37S Sedan and '88 Supra Turbo project
theprodigy79
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby unbalancedwood » Tue May 22, 2007 9:50 pm

Along the strut bar, to the passenger side and into the this rubber hose thats goes behind the glove box (remove glove box) and then down passenger door...

You should be able to fit your 0/1 gauge, i had 2 sets of RCAs, 4 gauge and remote wire. If i really wanted to I could have ran those on the driver side, but ehh, works fine, no interference...
unbalancedwood
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby funboy102 » Tue May 22, 2007 9:59 pm

^^^ I did what he did too
1999 Solara SE V6 5-Speed PICS! http://www.solaraguy.com/viewtopic.php?t=43759
funboy102
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby crispone » Tue May 22, 2007 10:25 pm

DITTO on the Gen 2...

-crisp :evilbat:
crispone
Immitagably Verbose Dude
Immitagably Verbose Dude

Postby theprodigy79 » Wed May 23, 2007 7:48 am

Otay, do it that way then... But I must warn that THIS:

...is a bit more difficult to twist, contort and maneuver behind your dash than 4 gauge... Not to mention, it takes up much more space and costs more than twice as much per foot... IMHO efficiency is key!

You can't see where I went through, but if you look carefully you can see that my power pretty much has a straight shot from the battery to the firewall (it's in flex tube, so it's a bit more difficult to see, just trace back from the battery):

'04 Solara SE Sport V6, all TRD + CP-e, gone but not forgotten... '09 G37S Sedan and '88 Supra Turbo project
theprodigy79
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Ransom8707 » Wed May 23, 2007 3:58 pm

Well I went and took a look and I noticed that inside the rubber theres some spongy foam or so inside and I just wanted to make sure is It safe to just make the hole with ruin any certain cable or wires on the inside of the dash? and stick and route the power cable to the inside
Ransom8707
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Patrik » Sat May 26, 2007 11:46 am

funboy102 wrote:^^^ I did what he did too

x2
Patrik
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5